This beginning robotic kit includes everything you need to get started in robots at a bargin price. This bundle requires some assembly including simple soldering.
The Gobbit chassis is a dual gear motor with rear ball caster base. It is ruggedly made from both rigid and expanded PVC, and features snap together tool-less assembly for the major structural components which allows for quick assembly and access.
The included chassis has pre-configured mounting screw holes for the arduino Uno and Pololu QTR-8x line sensors. Additional components can easily be located and mounted with double sided foam or Velcro tape, or simply by screwing into the PVC with typical wood screws.
Kit does require some soldering.
- Gobbit Chassis Version 2
- Sparkfun Redboard Arduino UNO R3 Clone
- Ardumoto Motor Driver (can be replaced with the Adafruit Shield)
- Pololu QTR-8RC RC Reflectance Sensor Array
- Solderless Breadboard
- (20) Breadboard Jumper Wires - Connected 6 inch (Male-Male)
- (20) Breadboard Jumper Wires - Connected 6 inch (Male-Female)
- (20) Breadboard Jumper Wires - Connected 6 inch (Female-Female)
- (2) Mini Photocell
- (2) Pushbutton Switch - 12mm
- (2) Red LEDs
- (1) Green LED
- (1) Yellow LED
- (20) 330 ohm resistors
- (20) 10k ohm resistors
- 2.72" (69mm) Diameter x 0.3" (7.6mm) Wide Wheels
- Wheels have Plastic Rims with Silicone Tires
- Overall Dimensions (chassis with wheels only): 7.125" x 5.063" x 3.30" (181 x 128.6 x 83.8mm)
- Motor Torque 35 g-cm
- Motor Stall Current 470 mA
- Motor Voltage range 3 to 12 Vdc
Projects: (some project require additional parts or sensors)
Gobbit Robotic Chassis Assembly:
Gobbit and PVC Modifications:
Video of a Basic Line Following Robot with Arduino Proportional Control and Gobbit Chassis:
Video of a simple Robot Maze Solver: