NanoCore12DXTM is an ideal low-cost platform that brings the advanced features of the 9S12C microcontroller family within easy reach of engineers, students, and hobbyists. The flexible design accomodates all facets of training, evaluation, development, prototyping-- and even volume production.
While there are several DIP-format MCU modules on the market, none of them comes close to the power and value of NanoCore12! Others are based on RISC processors-- some relying on serial program memory, and have limited or no hardware subsystems on-chip. NanoCore12 is the only complete family of DIP modules based on a high-speed CISC device. Since RISC processors only possess primitve instructions, their high speed is necessary, in order to produce acceptable computing power. With a CISC processor running at the same speed, the overall performance is vastly improved-- and performance improvement is in orders of magnitude for certain types of operations. The HCS12 instruction set includes powerful DSP-like instructions, 16-bit arithmetic, and the architecture implements memory-to-memory moves, and many powerful addressing modes. These features are way beyond what any PIC, AVR, or 8051 processor offers today.
- based on the 9S12C32 MCU (48-pin LQFP version)
- includes 8 Mhz crystal
- 24 MHz bus speed (via PLL)
- local 5 Volt low-dropout 100 mA regulator
- includes RS232 transceiver circuit
- has on-chip Serial Monitor
- supports standalone operation
- 32K Bytes Flash
- 2K Bytes Ram
- 32-pin DIP form-factor
- low-cost gold-plated 0.025" square pins
- pinout is super-set of competing 24-pin modules on the market
- equivalent to Freescale part #M68MOD912C32