Add a Gripper to your Robot Project. The Gobbit Gripper comes with everything needed to add a versatile gear style servo driven gripper to your Gobbit Chassis. Included are the Gripper parts, HS-425BB servo, End Panel and 4AA battery holder with switch. Use without the end panel to add to other robot projects.
The gripper is made from lightweight 12mm thick expanded PVC material. The end panel comes pre-drilled to allow for easy positioning and mounting of the gripper to the panel, using the supplied #4 screws. On the end panel gripper can then be easily added to the Gobbit chassis with the jaws of the gripper in either a high or low position. The gripper and end panel can easily be modified to fit your project with standard wood working tools and techniques. It can also be cemented to other PVC panels and/or standard hardware store PVC plumbing fittings and piping with standard plumbing PVC cement.
The design, material, and fabrication of the gripper and end panel are all made in the USA.
Gripper in Action:
- (1) GRP-100-1 Gripper
- (1) HiTEC HS-425BB servo with dual ball bearings
- (1) GBT-408-1 Gobbit Gripper End Panel with sheet metal screws
- (1) 4AA battery holder with switch and 3-pin connector, standard 0.1" female header compatible
- 2-1/4” Deep Grip
- Up to 5-1/2” Grip of square objects
- Grips soda can sized cylinders well
- Grips the interior of objects as well, up to 7”
- Size (mm): 40.6 x 20 x 40
- Weight (g/oz): 57.5 /2.1
- Torque 4.8V (Kg-cm/oz-in): 3.3/43
- Transit Time 4.8V (deg/sec): 60/0.20
- Torque 6.0V (Kg-cm/oz-in): 4.1/52
- Transit Time 6.0V (deg/sec): 60/0.17
- 6mm (0.236") thick expanded PVC
- Length x Width: 3.625" x 2.250" (92.1 x 57.2mm)
Installing and Wiring to Gobbit
Testing Gripper Range with Arduino