The Romi chassis is a differential-drive mobile robot platform with a diameter of 6.5″ (165 mm) and an integrated battery holder for six AA batteries (not included). The drive wheels are located on a diameter of the circular base plate, allowing for turns or spinning in place. A large, fixed ball caster in the rear provides a smooth third point of contact. The chassis uses 70×8mm Pololu wheels and Mini Plastic Gearmotors with extended backshafts to enable quadrature encoders for position feedback.
The Romi chassis has an abundance of general-purpose mounting holes and slots intended for various sizes of screws (not included) such as #2-56, #4-40, M2, and M3. These holes can be used for mounting your electronics, such as your microcontroller, motor drivers, and sensors.
The plastic components making up the chassis are available in three colors, black, blue or red.
- One Romi chasis base plate
- Two mini plastic gearmotors (120:1 HP with offset output and extended motor shaft)
- A pair of Romi chassis motor clips
- A pair of white 70×8mm Pololu Wheels
- One Romi chassis ball caster kit
- One Romi chassis battery contact set