The Rover 5 uses 2 independent motors, each with an optical quadrature encoder and gearbox. The entire gearbox assembly can be rotated at 5 degree increments for different clearance configurations.
This isn't a wimpy or flimsy robot base. Weighing in at over 2.5 pounds without batteries, this base is heavy duty and can drive over quite a bit.
- Adjustable gear box angles
- 2 independent DC motors
- 2 independent optical encoders
- Thick rubber tank treads
- 6x AA battery holder
- Motor rated voltage: 7.2V
- Motor stall current: 2.5A
- Output shaft stall torque: 10Kg/cm
- Gearbox ratio: 86.8:1
- Encoder type: Quadrature
- Encoder resolution: 1000 state changes per 3 wheel rotations
- Speed: 1Km/hr