EasyVR 3.0 is a multi-purpose speech recognition module designed to add versatile, robust and cost effective speech and voice recognition capabilities to virtually any application. EasyVR is the second generation version of the successful VRbot module and builds on the features and functionality of its predecessor. Along with features like 32 user-defined Speaker Dependent (SD) triggers and a host of built-in speaker independent (SI) commands, the EasyVR adds convenient features such as firmware update capability, 8ohm speaker output and additional SI languages.
A simple and robust serial protocol (9600 8-N-1 default) can be used to access these functions from the user's microcontroller boards. The EasyVR can be powered by anywhere between 3.3 and 5.5V, and typically consumes 12mA of current in operation.
- EasyVR 3.0 Module
- (Speaker not included)
- Up to 32 user-defined Speaker Dependent (SD) or Speaker Verification (SV) commands, that can be trained in ANY language.
- A host of built-in speaker independent (SI) commands (available in US English, Italian, Japanese, German, Spanish and French) for ready to run basic controls.
- Easy-to-use and simple Graphical User Interface to program Voice Commands to your robot.
- Module can be used with any host with an UART interface (powered at 3.3V - 5V) .
- Simple and robust serial protocol to access and program the module through the host board.
- Six general purpose I/O lines that can be controlled via UART commands
- Audio output that supports 8 ohm speakers
- Up to 22 minutes of pre-recorded sounds or speech at the maximum compression rate
- DTMF tone generation
- SonicNet™ technology for wireless communications between modules or any other sound source (Audio CD, DVD, MP3 Player)
- Up to 28 custom Speaker Independent (SI) command vocabularies with a QuickT2SI™ Lite license.
- Supported Languages:
- US English
- British English
Differences between EasyVR 2.0 and EasyVR 3.0:
- Different form factor:
- External dimensions 25.4 mm x 56.4 mm (1.00” by 2.22”)
- All signals are available on standard 2.54mm headers
- Compatible with solder-less breadboard and standard prototyping boards
- Compatible with mikroBUS™ host interface (see www.mikroe.com/mikrobus)
- Larger Flash memory for custom SI vocabularies and compressed sounds
- Serial Flash memory instead of EEPROM to support voice recording capability
- Audio output from internal DAC instead of PWM for better quality
- Embedded boot-mode circuitry to support easier connection with a PC (through the QuickUSB adapter cable)
- SMD jumper for input voltage selection