Negatron is a buck-boost converter that takes a positive voltage and turns it into a negative voltage that you can use with amplifier circuits and more. The output is adjustable from -1.3V to -12V. Negatron is also able to step up/step down the magnitude of the voltage. Negatron is the perfect choice for engineers frustrated with trying to create a negative voltage source in their low power circuit.
Negatron will operate from a 4V to 14V input and the output voltage is set with the small screw potentiometer on the top. Negatron will work with breadboards and other popular prototyping methods. Negatron is very different from any other DC-DC converter on the market so please read the entire datasheet thoroughly before buying or using one.
- -1.3V to -12V output voltage range
- 4V to 14V input voltage range
- 0.5A max output current @ -5V when powered from +9V
- 0.25A max output current @ -12V when powered from +12V (please see datasheet for current ratings at other input/output voltages)
- ~100mV typical ripple
- External components not normally needed